The third edition of the Mauritius Business Law Review should be available by January 2011. In a statement to NEWSNOW the editor of the review, Mr Marc Hein, Head of Practice at Juristconsult Chambers, expressed his satisfaction regarding the response to the first and second editions.
“The making of the third edition of the Mauritius Business Law Review is well under way and will contain a number of interesting articles on some new topics. “The response to the first and second editions has been very good and we are filling a gap in the sense that we are educating businessmen in law and educating lawyers in business. It is two-way traffic,” said Mr Hein.
The editorial committee of the Mauritius Business Law Review has the confirmed participation of authors for the following articles:
- The Stock Exchange of Mauritius: a listing platform for Global business, by Shalinee Gokhool-Legal Affairs Manager, Stock Exchange of Mauritius.
- The Legal and Institutional Framework to Financing Problems of SMEs in Mauritius, by Dr Rajendra Parsad Gunputh.
- Legal risks associated with web sites – Part 2: by Mouammar Oozeer. Principal State Counsel, Attorney General Office.
- CSR-Contribution to social needs-Fiscal incentive to a fiscal liability, by Narghis Bundhun, Bar-at-Law.
- Les ‘Trusts’ et le Droit Civil Mauricien, by Ashwin Dwarka, Notary.
- The enforcement of Foreign Judgments in Mauritius, by Shalinee Dreepaul, Bar-at-Law.
- Mauritius, the leading regional trading and investment hub’, by the BOI
The recurrent features are book review by Jane Julie- Jouanis, legislation update by Moon Seetaram, State Counsel, Attorney General Office, business case law update by Shaukat Oozeer and global business update by Javed Aboobakar.